MetaMask is an Ethereum extension for your browser. It connects you to Ethereum applications (called dApps) easily and securely. MetaMask is also a digital wallet: you can store digital currencies in it and use it.
How to use MetaMask
1. Go to https://metamask.io/ and click on GET CHROME PLUGIN. Click on the ‘+ADD TO CHROME’ button to add the plugin to chrome.
2. The MetaMask plugin is displayed at the right top of your Chrome browser.
4. It will ask to set a password. Fill in a strong password and click Create. Do NOT lose your password!
5. Safe your secret 12 word recovery key somewhere safe and click on “I’VE COPIED IT SOMEWHERE SAFE” to continue.
How to Buy Ether with Bitcoin in Metamask
1. Click BUY to buy Ether with Bitcoin or any other Altcoin
2. Now choose ShapeShift
3. Type BTC for Bitcoin, fill in your Bitcoin Refund address and click Submit.
4. Scan the QRcode or send Bitcoin to the displayed address to start the conversion. Note that the amount you can send can be limited.
- Don’t forget to unlock Metamask before using and lock it back immediately after using it (i.e. while still staying on the website where you used it). It will keep your data secure.
- If you want to use MetaMask on a computer other than the one you installed it at, you’ll need the seed phrase to restore it. Also don’t forget about the password, you will need it to unlock the extension when you’re ready to use it.
- If you want to install MetaMask extension on a new computer, use “Import existing DEN” button in create password step and follow the instructions.
- MetaMask requires the permission to read and write to any webpage which is potentially risky.
- As is always the case with Ethereum transactions, you will need some small amount of ether available in your MetaMask wallet to sign the transactions.
- Better try with a small amount first and double check everything.
For more details : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YeyTF5lalE